Because we care about our customers and their well-being, we offer a wide range of insurance plans which are reasonable in price but offer great protection options.
We encourage our customers to fully read and understand all clauses within the rental agreement before signing any document. It is important to note that all coverage and insurance plans will be immediately void in the case that an unauthorized person is driving the car while in an accident. Additionally, the protection plan will also become null in case the driver is under the influence of any type of drug or alcohol, if it was intentionally provoked or in case of neglect.
Please follow these instructions below in case of theft, damage or collision:
1. Immediately contact Solid Car Rental by dialing: (506)-2442-6000 for our Main offices or (506) 8835-5566 for our Emergency Beeper. Make sure you follow our representative’s instructions as carefully as possible.
2. Once you have all ready contacted us, please dial 911 in order to report the incident. If you were involved in a collision, please make sure to contact Traffic Officers and the INS (National Insurance Institute). In case you need to report some sort of theft, contact the OIJ. After you have completed the necessary paperwork and reports provided by the officers, please make sure you keep a copy of the documentation and provide this to us once you are back at the Solid Car Rental offices.
* Please note you should not for any reason move the vehicle from the original place where the occurrence happened. You should only do this once the Traffic officer has arrived and they have assessed the situation; at which point they will instruct you to do so.
CDW is an obligatory insurance that protects the vehicle from a car crash or accident.
Although this is a mandatory insurance, it may be renounced in case the user has a credit card auto rental collision insurance program of their own. The Collision Damage Waiver will not cover lost or damaged personal belongings, car accessories or even partial robberies.
In case of an occurrence, a deductible will apply depending of the type of car that was rented. Note that the user will be responsible for the damages up to the maximum deductible amount.
For small cars, a collision damage deductible will apply for an amount of US $900.00. A deductible of US $1,200.00 will apply in case of theft or total loss.
For medium and standard vehicles, a collision damage deductible of US $1,500.00 will be applied. In case of theft or total loss, the deductible will be US $2,500.00.
For our large vehicles or luxury cars, a collision damage deductible will apply for an amount of US $1,600.00. A deductible of US $3,500.00 will also be applied in case of theft or total loss.
1. Collisions or any sort of damage to the vehicle caused while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
2. Attempt to access any type of inaccessible road, cross or even attempt to go across any sort of river, waterway, shoreline, etc.
3. Vehicle damage or collisions caused by negligence while driving. In addition, any type of provoked accident not included or reported on a Traffic police report or Insurance Company report.
4. The only person (s) allowed to drive the vehicle will be him/her who is the legal authorized driver on the contract. Non-authorized drivers should not drive the vehicle under any circumstance.
5. The Insurance Coverage offered does not include discharged batteries due to car lights being left on, loss of tools or car keys, loss of removable radios or broken/cut wheels and tires.
6. Costs for cranes, towing’s or payment rescues are not included within the Insurance Coverage.
7. When a vehicle is left in an isolated area, or under hazardous circumstances, the Insurance Coverage will not offer protection in case of a theft.
The Zero Deductible Collision Damage Waiver releases the customer from any sort of deductibles in case of a damaged vehicle. However it is important to mention that this additional form of coverage will not relieve you of the 20% deductible payment that will be required in case of Third Party Damage, Civil Liability, vehicle theft or even total lost of the car.
SLI is a coverage that provides protection in case of damage to a third party or the property of a third part in an event of a collision or accident. A 20% deductible payment of the total amount of the damage will need to be covered.
1. Vehicle damage or collision caused to third parties or their property by negligence while driving. In addition, any type of provoked accident not included or reported on a Traffic police report or Insurance Company report.
The Zero Deductible Third Party Damage and Civil Liability waiver releases you from payment of the 20% deductible for Third Party Damage or to the Property of Third Parties. Nonetheless, this waiver will not relieve you from payment of the deductible in case of Collision Damage.
Includes protection against damage, theft of loss of vehicle accessories including car tires, antenna, radio, keys, tools and window glasses.